Tuesday 21 August 2007

Anger's my middle name

Friday night we decided to go out dancing and drinking with some friends. We went to Yates first because they have comfy couches and I like their food. Most pubs in Woking become night clubs at a certain time on the weekends. So after being there a bit the lights dimmed down and the music started to blast. We had been there awhile so we had a great spot with two couches and a table and a decent area to dance around.

My friend and I got up and were rocking out to the music and generally having a great time. We weren't drunk just enjoying ourselves. We were near a door that isn't used and while dancing we bumped into it, opening the door. There was a bouncer outside who waved down another bouncer that was inside and he came over to us. He asked my friend to come outside with him. So I went with her because I was the one at fault. He started laying into her angrily and telling her that he had been watching her a long time and that she was clearly "pissed" (means: drunk, for you non-english speakers, hehe).

I looked at him and said as nicely and emphatically as I could, "Sir, I'm so sorry it was me that bumped into the door. It was my fault not hers and again I'm sorry."

He wouldn't even look at me he just put his hand up and said, "I'm not talking to you, I'm talking to her."

I came back again as nicely as possible with, "Sir, I understand that you are talking to her, but you should be talking to me, I was the one who bumped into the door and again I am so sorry."

He looked at me and said in all seriousness "Do you even live here?!?"

I was a bit taken aback with the bitterness in which he spat the line at me and responded with "Of course, I live right up the street. What does that have to do with anything?" I was more surprised than upset at this point.

And he came back with, and I swear I am not making this up in anyway, "Go back to where you came from, you don't even speak English!"

To which I very politely screamed back with my eyes wide in amazement, "You've got to be kidding me, we're out of here!!!!" I think there were a few expletives in there, but I can't be too sure. I went back in and grabbed my things as quickly as possible without even looking at the rest of our group and walked out.

It's too bad, I really liked that pub.