Tuesday 15 May 2007

Rediscovering Woking

I know I haven't been blogging as often lately. It just seems a bit on the pointless side to me. Who really wants to hear about my adventures in the Peacock Mall yet again? I don't even want to go let alone talk about it. Yet, since starting the art class I've had to walk in a completely different direction to get to school. I decided the other day to take a few pictures along the way to show all of you the pretty little views I have on the way.

In addition, Josh dragged me a few days ago, kicking and screaming I might add, to the back woods of our little town. The other side of the train tracks if you will. Actually that implies that there is a bad side of the tracks. There isn't. Most of Woking is actually quite charming.

Anyway, I digress. Josh dragged me out to the river and the woods on a geocaching mission. (Side note: For those of you who don't know, geocaching is a ... shall I say nerdy sort of hide and seek. Only with expensive toys. Basically, you log coordinates into a GPS and you follow the compass until you've reached the coordinates. People usually hide a film canister with a piece of paper and you sign your name. Something along the lines of Rage wuz here and all that jazz.)


So we traipsed out on what Josh assured me was a quick jaunt to find a film canister. We ended up at least a mile and half out into the damp woods near a deserted cemetery. Seriously, deserted. The only thing left there is a broken down brick wall surrounding what looks like a piece of land that may have once contained the dead.

I must say though there was something hauntingly beautiful about the area. I want to go back this weekend since the forecast, cross your fingers, shows sunshine for the weekend. I only had my digital and I am definitely looking forward to exploring the area further with my 35 mm.

So that was my week, in a nutshell. (Leaving out, the depressed, lonely, self-pitying moments.)
:)

Check out the pics below of our adventures.


My Walk To School
Pics from Geocaching