Tuesday 24 April 2007

Back in school...



I started my class today. I am taking drawing and painting at the local college. I was hoping that it would be a great way to make friends in the area, but alas the class is full of older ladies and one older man. I guess I should have known. On top of it, all the people in the class have been taking classes together for two years and they all know each other well. Despite that though I had a good time. It will be a fun class to pass the time. I also have to walk a mile and a half to get there and a mile and half back. So the 3 mile walk is a plus.

Today we learned about line, about how heavy you draw parts of lines brings emphasis to the parts you show as important. For example she showed us a Picasso drawing where he only drew the parts he felt deserved to be shown, like he left out details on a pocket, but drew the hem of a coat. Anyway, I don't know if I really got it down right, but it was my first day.

What do you think?

She brought in a bunch of laundry related items. Can you tell?

Next week we start painting and I can't wait!!